Controversial Western Highway roadworks have been halted for a further three weeks after a Victorian Supreme Court hearing was told Djab Wurrung traditional owners believed the removal of culturally-significant trees would contravene the Aboriginal Heritage Act and human rights laws.
- by Miki Perkins
- by Marta Pascual Juanola, Nathan Hondros and Fran Rimrod
- by Daniel Cherny and Michael Gleeson
Sally Capp is hoping to retain the title of lord mayor in the City of Melbourne, with 62,300 votes counted and less than a week to go until results are declared.
- by Bianca Hall and Rachel Eddie
Play centres fall into the same category as theatres, cinemas, amusement parks, casinos and even brothels – they have no set reopening date.
- by Clay Lucas
- by Sumeyya Ilanbey and Paul Sakkal
- by Clay Lucas and Lucy Cormack
- by Bianca Hall and Zach Hope
- by Adam Cooper and Noel Towell
- by Adam Carey and Louise Blair-West
- by Caroline Milburn
- by Aisha Dow